Monday, January 30, 2012

The Power of a Paper

I'd venture to say that most people enjoy getting things in the mail (not counting bills, of course).  I, however, LOVE getting things in the mail, and this
<------- is one of the reasons why! I had to sing the "Mail Song" when this letter came on Saturday...you know, "Here's the mail, it never fails, it makes me want to wag my tail"....yeah, we do that in this house. This official-looking Power of Attorney document has been notarized, certified, stamped, sealed and blessed by the Secretary of State and is ready to be inserted into our dossier with approximately 25 other notarized and official-looking documents, including one that I find particularly humorous - my employment verification form- written and signed by me, of course. Oh, and notarized.  Just waiting on two more documents and our fingerprinting appointment letter, and this baby (yes, it has literally become one of my children in the past 2 months) will be shipped off, along with 3 duplicate copies of the whole shebang, to AGCI in Portland, and then to the Ministry of Women's Affairs in Addis Ababa.  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment