Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Little Bit...of Awesome Timing

God's timing is perfect, but often, we don't realize it until what we're waiting for comes to fruition.  I had that revelation today, as I crunched numbers to figure out when our dossier submission fees would be due and how much we need to raise before then.  A random check of our bank account revealed that our tax refund had posted (insert singing and much jubilation)!  We were responsible and paid off some bills (more singing and jubilation!), but the remainder went to our Adoption Fund. 

So...out of the $7,000 we need for dossier submission (official documents that go to the U.S. Embassy and Ethiopian courts), we are now down to $2,860!  We are so thankful and grateful to our families and friends (and the U.S. Treasury) for their t-shirt orders and monetary gifts over the past few weeks - you all have made a life-changing difference for a little girl halfway around the world, even if it's not obvious to you right this second.  Perfect timing...brought to you by God....



2 comments:

  1. please forgive me for not writing you back and telling you what we have been doing for fund raising... What we have done is ask local artist and friends who sell pottery, jewelry, paintings, cards, etc. to donate some pieces for a party, I then attach their business card and a picture of them in front of their work. I have asked people (so far just siblings) to host a party for us, and they invite their friends and you know that whoever comes is interested in knowing more and supporting you :) the last party we had 10 people and made 500! It was awesome, PLUS we were able to share what God was doing~ It is also a great way to get people involved that aren't able to give financially but in the long run it can bring in more than they could have given out of pocket! We are also going to have a BBQ dinner and maybe a concert (my family has a band) we want to sell shirts as well but haven't done anything with that yet! I am grateful to have a friend who is going through the same process and able to share ideas with each other... even if we never meet here on earth, I know God has placed you here for our encouragement and excitement! Have a great day :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...you are too sweet! So excited that your adoption party went well - that's a really great idea! I'm not sure that I could pull something like that together lol. We're doing a motorcycle raffle (my dad donated his bike) and I'm making some things for a craft show in May. The t-shirts aren't selling that well...from what people have told me, they'd rather just make a donation so that we get 100% of the profit...and we can totally meet in real life - we're only 7 1/2 hours away lol! But seriously, Buck and I had our honeymoon in Gatlinburg and want to go back for our 5 year anniversary in 2014 (if we're not in Addis Ababa lol). I think it's only a couple of hours from you guys? Totally do-able :)

    ReplyDelete