Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Much Needed Reminder


This reminder was much needed this morning after staying up until midnight filling out grant applications for the adoption and then being wakened at 6:45 by Princess Juliana (who had crashed at 6:30 PM last night).  Taking care of our little chicken pox girl for two weeks has taken its emotional and social toll on me, and I wondered as we ate our frosted flakes and yogurt, "What the heck are we going to do today?"  We were supposed to have a playdate this week and go to the Children's Discovery Museum, and instead, we're quarantined from other small children and any immunosuppressed adults for another week...  My question was answered when I sat down on the floor to play with Jules and she crawled into my lap with monkey, baby doll, bink and her little red car and watched The Cat in the Hat and Clifford for an HOUR.  A whole hour of cuddling with my sweet girl...followed by more cuddle time after her nap.  What the heck are we supposed to do today?  Cuddle.  And I'm completely ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment